Sunday, March 8, 2015

40. Travel Essentials: Makeup


Because if there is one thing that I'm good at packing, its makeup. Just kidding.
Packing has never been a favorite thing of mine, even with makeup, there are endless options on what to bring, will I really need that and a favorite of mine, over packing. I am currently in Miami with my parents which means soaking in some sun and enjoying some relaxing time by the beach. It also means heat and waterproof makeup will be needed so here it is guys, some of my essentials.

Primer Concealer Foundation Powder Eye Shadow Palette Liquid Eye Liner Mascara Lip Balms

Anything that will give a matte effect is a must. I'm not a big fan of using foundations when travelling. A nice coverage concealer like Benefit's Erase Paste will do but it is always good to have the one you like in case you are going out for a more special occasion and need better coverage. If you like something that feels lighter but covers, dust a bit of Tarte's Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Powder Foundation or if you like liquid foundation, the Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15 will do the job.

As for eyes and brows, instead of bringing way too many products, a palette does the work. I like the shade range on UD Naked Basics and "Faint" is a perfect match for my brows. Eye liner is a must for me when going out, it makes me feel put together and same goes for mascara.

For lips, lip balms are the way to go. Anything that will hydrate and offer a sheer color, I'm in. Annabelle's Lipsies offer exactly that and if I want to add more pigmentation, I'll just layer it for a full color.

Here are the essentials that I brought with me, let me know what you would bring on vacation !









19 comments:

  1. Love your choices of make-up to bring for travel. I would probably bring an eyeshadow palette with mostly neutrals colours,eye primer, tinted moisturizer, lip balm for sure, few lipsticks, and eye brow pencil. I usually skip mascara on my make-up routine, so I'll probably wont bring one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your choices, I totally agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree that the UD Naked Basic's is a total vacation must-have! I always pack it along for my travels.

    Bree xx
    www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks at UD for creating the most multi-use palette ! Ahah x

      Delete
  4. I love your travel essentials! I always make sure I take my favourite eyeshadow palette, my favourite lipstick and foundation, xxx

    Beyond The Velvet | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make sure I have a palette that can do a multitude of things :) love the essentials!

    Love your blog, followed!
    www.emilyroseperrin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely narrows down the list of products to bring and thank you ! x

      Delete
  6. Lovely makeup, great choices! <3

    I have a new outfit post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts lovely:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A palette is key! I always bring along a small mirror, too :)

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love all these choices and i have to agree 100% i would bring a palette, a mirror, mascara eyeliner and a killer lipstick!

    http://rxbxcca.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/spoon-beauty-tricks.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the comment on my blog - I really appreciate it! :)

    I have a new outfit up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love everything that you've featured - I'm really bad with packing products but have found a few ways to sort through things that I don't need haha! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete